This is the total amount you need to pay when you enrol. This may be the full fee for the course, or the student contribution amount if you are eligible for a subsidy or concession. Any upfront fee that exceeds $1500 a payment plan will apply.
For further information relating to Axiom College’s fees and charges and refund policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.
Duration: Up to 24 Months
- Face to Face
- Our face-to-face learning option ensures that students are provided with traditional classroom-based training with both students and trainers attending in-person.
- Learning, collaboration and communication between students and trainers will occur at set times and locations which students will be advised of upon enrolment.
- Courses may have a combination of online and classroom based learning. Students are expected to undertake additional personal study to complete the course requirements.
- Contact Axiom College to find out what classes are running near you.
- Blended delivery uses a combination of face-to-face and online training and assessment and is typically used to support courses that have hands-on and practical elements.
- Blended programs are designed to allow students to study the theory components outside the classroom, in their own time, and come into the classroom to learn and practice the hands-on tasks.
- Students are expected to undertake additional personal study to complete the course requirements.
- This flexible approach minimises the time needed in the classroom to support students with busy lives.
- For this course you must be employed or gaining full time or part time (Min 15 hrs per week) employment to enrol as an apprentice or trainee with Axiom College.
- If you are in years 10, 11 or 12 you may be able to enrol as a school-based trainee (SAT), please discuss with your schools VET Coordinator.
- Eligible apprentices and trainees that meet the Queensland state funding requirements will be charged a set fee per nominal hour. These fees are calculated at a regulated rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. Concession rates apply for students who hold a current Health Care Card or who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Non-funded apprentices and trainees will be charged a fee for service cost as listed below.
- Speak to your employer or VET Coordinator about choosing Axiom College as your Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) or contact one of our friendly training consultants to discuss your training needs further.
- Hervey Bay
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
You will need to provide a copy of your qualification testamur and Record of Results for one of the qualifications listed above to be eligible to enrol into this Diploma Qualification.
As part of the selection criteria for this program it is highly recommended that students:
- are aged 15 years or older by the course commencement date;
- have successfully completed Year 10 (or equivalent) or are of mature age; and
- have basic English skills (written and verbal communication).
If you are not currently employed or volunteering in industry, during your course you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. You’ll be required to work shifts determined by your placement provider, and these can include early mornings or late nights, any day of the week, including public holidays. Axiom College may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts. You are required to complete a minimum of 280 hours of placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Please note: Prior to placement you will need to:
- apply for a Blue Card (working with children check)
- If you are ineligible from applying for a blue card, you may be disqualified from being eligible to undertake placement and assessment, which would affect your course outcomes. If you think this might impact you, please speak to the relevant Vocational Placement Coordinator for further information.
- You may be required to complete a vaccination record or full immunisation. Recommended vaccinations include:
- Hepatitis A and B
- Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) (persons born during or since 1966 who have only received one dose of the MMR vaccine should have a second dose)
- Chickenpox (if not previously infected)
- Pertussis (whooping cough -an adult booster dose)
- Influenza (annual vaccination)
- You will be responsible for any costs associated with meeting these placement requirements.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable Internet connection to access learning resources, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
Skill and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying at Axiom College, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and through recognition of prior learning. Read more about assessment methods.
CREDIT TRANSFERS & PATHWAYS
Axiom College as a Registered Training Organisation recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statement of Attainments issued by any other Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Students are encouraged to submit any requests for credit from previous studies at the time of enrolment, to ensure they are not enrolling in units they may not need to undertake. In order to apply for exemption/credit transfer from units completed at another training organisation, you will need to notify Axiom College when you enrol.
You will need to submit your documentary evidence (certified copy of Qualification/Statement of Attainment) to support your request for exemption/credit transfer via mail or email. Requests without documentary evidence will not be processed and will be returned to students. There are no fees attached to Credit Transfers.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
RPL is the acknowledgement of a person’s skills and knowledge acquired through previous training, work or life experience, which may be used to grant status or competency in a subject regardless of how and where they were attained.
This can include skills from:
- Previous study excluding courses at a VET/TAFE institution, but including courses at school or college, through adult education classes or training programs at work;
- Work experience (including both work that is paid and unpaid); and/or
- Life experience (for example leisure pursuits or voluntary work).
RPL is a form of assessment. It is used to determine whether a person has acquired, through formal or informal learning, the skills and experience consistent with the stated competency standards that comprise a qualification. RPL is not time referenced, so there are no parameters on how or when the skills are acquired. However, the skills that have been acquired through life experience etc., must be current and must match the elements and performance criteria contained in the individual unit.
Students seeking RPL need to indicate this when enrolling, fee’s will apply and will be discussed upon enrolment.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Everyone’s journey is different and sometimes you need some extra support. We’re here to help.
Throughout your training you will have access to support from our student support centre and trainers and assessors via phone, email or in person.
You will be supported in your learning in the following ways:
- Answering queries about assignment questions by phone, email or face to face;
- Explaining assessment processes;
- Arranging contact with a trainer, via telephone or visit;
- Monthly status reports keeping you up to date on your progress;
- Making appropriate arrangements for students with disabilities;
- Organising assignments to be assessed in a timely manner; and
- Advising students of their results and any further required study or assessment.
Talk to our friendly Student Support Services team – 1800 029 466 – [email protected] or contact us online
HOW TO APPLY
If you have read and understood the student rules, refund policy, understand your fees and payment options, have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and checked you meet the entry requirements and selection criteria for this course, you’re ready to get started.
APPLY NOW or contact a training consultant on 1800 114 419 to get started!
All information was accurate at time of publication, however Axiom College’s policies, tuition fees and course content is subject to change without notice. Course commencement is dependent on sufficient enrolment numbers. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.